12 July, 2006

The Propositions UPDATES

Remember the challenges? Well, we’re doing pretty well. Jon has a bottle of Absinthe in his possession and a collection of toilette photos:


Gibson is going to leave his Red Pants book here in Rome and he tried some Cynar (say, CHEE-nar – it’s artichoke liquor) at a restaurant called Peruca in San Gimingnano. The waiter, trying to warn him, offered him something called Napoleon instead, but Gibson was determined. Here’s the evidence. That’s our waiter.

(As a side note, another remarkable thing about this restaurant was the incredibly HUGE wine glasses:

A fitting vessel for a Supertuscan wine.)

In the pursuit of one of her tasks, Ellen is compiling a list of the gelato flavors we have tried. I’ll update this list as we go:

Fiore De Crème di Latte
Cinnamon
Limoncello
Strawberry
Peach
Melon
Berry
Chocolate
Limone
Honey
Crema
Pistachio
Banana
Coconut
Mandarin
Mint Choco Chip
Choco Chip
Crème Caramel
Pineapple
Raspberry
Vanilla
Caffe Latte
Peanut Butter
Kookies
Blackberry
Tiramisu
English Soup
Pine Nut
Wild Strawberries and Whipped Cream
Cappuccino
Fig
Blueberry
Hazelnut Peanut Butter
Eggnogg
Tartufo di Rum

My challenges aren’t going so well. I saw these pigs, which are dead, but not the kind I had in mind to kiss…and the store was closed.

Also, I saw some old men playing cards last night, but it was after a full day walking around and I just didn’t have it in me to go ask them to let me play a hand.

No comments: